Monday, May 2, 2011

Flowers

I made some pretty fabric flowers myself last week. My hubby and I were going to the Military Ball, and my dress needed a little something to make it extra special, so I decided to go with some pretty flowers!





I made three different styles of flower. For the large flower I cut out lots of circles, and then folded them in half or in thirds to make it look like lots of petals. Then I added some black netting to make it unique, and finished it off with a pretty black bead and some pearls.



For the medium flower I cut a long strip of fabric and then twisted it and wrapped it around to form the flower. Then I cut two little black circles and burned the edges to make it ruffle a bit for the center and finished it with three pearls.

For the small flower I cut several circular shapes and burned the edges, then layered them and finished it with three little black beads and a pearl. All in all they were really easy and fun to make.

So what do you think? Did they add that extra pizazz to my dress that I was looking for?

No comments: