Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
I am so excited to receive these!! I love them!! To see more of Amariah's amazing work check out her etsy shop: amariah.etsy.com! She is an incredibly talented lady!!
Friday, November 7, 2008
I'm supposed to write 7 facts about myself, then tag 7 more people!
Here are the rules for the people I'm about to tag:
Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.~ Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.~ Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name as well as links to their blog.~ Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here it goes...7 facts about me:
1. I love to play board games with friends and family! One of my favorites is Settlers!! If you've never played, you should!
2. I spend way too much time on the computer. I get addicted to things really easily, so I have to limit myself so that I don't waste my whole day!
3. I'm taller than my husband!! Before I met my husband, I wouldn't even consider dating someone who was shorter than me, but when I met him it just didn't seem to matter!! I guess when you find "the one" you can overlook things like that. When we first started dating, I would try to mainly wear flat shoes, but now I just don't care anymore. I love high heels!! They just make my legs look so much better(if I do say so myself!!)
4. I'm LDS (a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!) and am very grateful for the blessings that come from this.
5. I gave birth to my son naturally(no epidural) in a birthing center.
6. When I have another child I'm getting an epidural!!! I don't want you to think that my first birth was terrible, it was just very very long, and I was so exhausted that I didn't really get to enjoy the whole process(if it's possible!!) So my labor was 39 hours long, with 4 1/2 hours of pushing:( My son's head was turned just slightly to the side, enough that he got stuck. It got to the point that the ambulance was called, and everyone was starting to freak out (except for me--I was too out of it!) but luckily the ambulance wasn't necessary! The positives of this experience were that I didn't have to have a C-section!--Probably would have if I was in a hospital, and surviving the whole experience is very empowering!!
7. And last but not least......I love fruit smoothies!!
There they are--seven things about myself. I hope that you learned something new about me, and weren't bored. Now it's your turn, so that I can learn about you too!
I tag: RHB Designs, Pink Patrice, Bonny Lass Jewelry, & Crickets Creations
**Be sure to check out their blogs, as they have some incredible products!!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Congrats Amy!!! I will send you your new earrings shortly!
For everyone else who didn't win, I'm sorry, but will have another giveaway probably at the end of the month or at the beginning of November! So come back and try again!
Friday, September 19, 2008
I'm Having a Giveaway!!!!
What is the prize?
There will be 6 ways to enter in for the drawing. For each thing you do,
it will be worth a specified amount of entries!
1~Leave a Comment on this post! (In the comment leave a list of all of the other things you did to gain extra entries.) ~ 1 entry
2~ Give a Shout-Out on your blog for this blog or my etsy site! ~ 2 entries
3~ Add this blog as a link to your sidebar! ~ 2 entries
4~ Add my etsy site to your sidebar! ~ 2 entries
5~ Purchase a piece of jewelry! ~ 5 entries
6~ Order a CUSTOM piece of jewelry! ~ 5 entries
The Contest dead-line will be October 5!
So make sure to get all of your entries in before then!
Also make sure to leave an email so I can contact you when you win!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Swarovski is the luxury brand name for the range of precision-cut lead crystal glass and related products produced by companies owned by Swarovski AG of Feldmeilen, near Zurich, Switzerland.
This is the definition I found on Wikipedia, but I would describe Swarovski crystal beads as really pretty, sparkly beads!! I have LOVED these beads ever since I became aware of them, but they are kind of pricey so I hadn't bought any. That is until Tuesday! I got a really great idea for a necklace that has the crystals along with natural stone beads, so I decided to get some. I will post a picture of the finished product when I complete it. It will be GORGEOUS!!!!
(P.S. The picture doesn't do the beads justice, AT ALL)
First, my attempt at painting. I just used acrylic paint, and then added wood stain to the top to give it dimension. The gold swirls are just craft paint. What do you think?
I had the activity day girls in my church(ages 8-11) make these vases. So this was my example for them which I did beforehand. It is just paper ripped and stuck on the vase with mod podge. They turned out really cute!
I liked my vase so much that I decided to do some more. I decided to make two matching ones. I used the centerpieces from my reception! This time I cut the paper into squares. (I like geometric designs if you haven't figured that out yet!!)