Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Updates

We have been renting our cute little house for 2 1/2 years now, and we have made a T.O.N. of changes in that time.  Our "landlords" are awesome, and let us do pretty much whatever we want to the house.  Sometimes I forget that it isn't actually OUR house! 

When we first moved in, there was wall paper in E.V.E.R.Y. room.  It took us no time at all to start ridding the house of wall paper, and I am happy to say that the only room that has wall paper still in it is the laundry room. (But I have big plans to change that this year!) 

In the livingroom we have a fireplace, but when we moved in, it had an outdated wood burning stove thing, that was so not my style.  Also the brick around the fireplace goes all the way up to the ceiling (which I love) but there wasn't a mantel, so it was impossible to really decorate in any way.  But...last fall we got a different fireplace insert(for $40 off of ksl...Oh yeah!) and a mantel(also off of ksl for $30...Woohoo!!)
Now we have a great focal point in our living room that I absolutely Love!

SIDE NOTE: one of my goals for this year is to be better at taking "before" pictures! This is the best that I got.



And the After!


L.O.V.E.

Have a happy Tuesday!

Linking up to:

Todays Creative BlogLink PartyPositively SplendidThe Girl CreativeSumo's Sweet StuffBeyond The Picket Fence36thawesome





No comments: