Monday, February 27, 2012

The Military Wife

The Military Wife
I wear no uniforms, no blues or greens.

But, I am in the military, in the ranks rarely seen.

I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give.

But in the military world is where I live.

... I am not in the chain of command, orders I do not give or get.

... But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget.

I am not the one who fires a weapon, Who puts his life on the line.

But my job is just as tough, I’m the one who is always left behind.

My husband is a patriot, a brave and pride filled man.

And the call to serve his country not all can understand.

Behind the lines, I see things needed to keep this country free.

My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do my kids and me.

I love the man I married. The military is his life.

So I pledge to support my hero and stand among the silent ranks known as THE MILITARY WIFE.
 
 
~mariah~

No comments: